select category_id from item_category_relation where item_id='274'
God, Spirituality & Religion
Uniting EAST & WEST spiritually..!!
Forgive Others: story of Lord Ganesha
He noticed that his stomach was swollen and it made him feel guilty. Since he dint want anyone to notice him in such a situation, he grab hold of a snake and wrapped it around his stomach to disguise his swollen belly. Still he dint feel like moving out in such condition so he was waiting for night to fall so that no one can see him. As it became dark Lord Ganesha started to his place but moon saw Lord Ganesha and started laughing nonstop, seeing this Lord Ganesha got angry and cursed the moon that he will be invisible on day from that day onwards.
Hearing this Moon was shocked and begged for forgiveness. Lord Ganesha wanted to forgive Moon but he couldn’t revoke his curse so he proclaimed that the moon would grow thinner each day and remain invisible for one day in a month, which we call as amavasya which we consider as inauspicious. This story tells us the moral that we should be kind in our actions and forgive those who repent for their mistakes.
1. Obedience to Guru: story of Lord Ganesha [story]
2. Four holy men from four different religions [story]
3. Lord Ganesha symbolism [topic]
4. The four wives of a dying husband [story]
5. Vyasa feeds Krishna the offerings of Gopis [story]
6. Akrura a great devotee of Lord Krishna [story]
7. Sant Jnaneshwar visits Namdev [story]
11. Pride of a Radha (disciple) [story]
12. Love of a Radha (disciple) for Krishna (guru) [story]
13. A man found god through his love for his wife [story]
14. Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa saves a scorpion [story]
15. King Bhartruhari who became saint Bhartruhari [story]