God, Spirituality & Religion
Uniting EAST & WEST spiritually..!!
Swami Vivekananda on eating Beef: A story
Swami Vivekananda lived a simple life, two ideals he lived by are "simple living" & "purity of Character".
When he returned from touring the American and European countries, some conservatives accused him of eating beef in the west.
To which swami replied "Those who want me to practice strict Hindu diet must send me money for all the ingredients and a cook as well."
Non-violence is the highest ideal, it is to be practiced both mentally and physically, but not helpful going fanatical about it. One should behave the best way according to the situation keeping enlightenment as the highest goal. It is better to kill when fighting tyrants than take refuge in pseudo theories, it is better to eat meat than die.
5. Story of Swami Vivekananda: Idol Worship [story]
8. A story about Brahma Vishnu and Shiva [story]
13. Story of a thief who became a monk [story]
14. Krishna Balarama and a forest monster [story]
15. Be a Lion not a dog [story]