God, Spirituality & Religion
Uniting EAST & WEST spiritually..!!
Story of Swami Vivekananda: Accepting life as it is-mark of renunciation
When Swami Vivekananda was in Chicago, United States in 1983 attending the "Parliament of the World's Religions" he was mistaken for a "Black man", he was denied entry to hotels and jeered at. Swami Vivekananda never argued back. He wouldn't say he was from India.
After a while when he became famous, a hotel owner who had denied him entry earlier approached him and asked him. "But you are an Aryan, why wouldn't you tell us so?".
Swami Vivekananda replied "How could I? How could I want something that my other brothers don't get? How could I expect to be treated differently? I have become a monk to accept life as it comes, never to have favors over another."
Once a black man working in railway was delighted to see Swamiji, "I'm delighted to see you Sir, I hear you are very famous and you are one of us. Can I shake hands with you Sir?" he asked.
"Of course my brother." Swamiji shook hands with him happily.
1. Story of Vibhishana: Always Pick Dharma [story]
6. Story of Swami Vivekananda: Idol Worship [story]
8. Swami Vivekananda on eating Beef: A story [story]
13. Story of a thief who became a monk [story]
14. Krishna Balarama and a forest monster [story]
15. Akrura a great devotee of Lord Krishna [story]