God, Spirituality & Religion
Uniting EAST & WEST spiritually..!!
Swami Vivekananda meets John D. Rockefeller
When Swami Vivekananda was touring United States, John D. Rockefeller, one of the richest men of United States was urged by one of his friends to meet Swami Vivekananda, but being a rich and powerful man he thought he knew better.
One day out of nowhere, without appointment he appeared in the house Swami Vivekananda was staying, owner of which was also one of his friends. He went directly into Swamiji's room without permission, he waited for Swamiji to greet him. Swami kept writing for a while without even acknowledging the intruder.
After a while Swamiji stopped writing, then he went on to tell Mr. John D. Rockefeller stories of his past that no one else knew except himself. It surprised Rockefeller.
Swamiji said "Listen good Sir, the money you have accumulated is not yours, it belongs to the world, God has given you this fortune so that you can share it with others. You are only a cutsodian of all this wealth."
Rockefeller seemed unhappy as he stormed out, but Swamiji's knowledge of his secrets must have puzzled him and assured him of Swamiji's spiritual tallness, it must have convinced him to consider Swamiji's words to be generous with the money.
After a week Mr. Rockefeller came back to see Swamiji, he showed him his decision of donating a big amount to charity. Then Mr. Rockefeller says to Swami Vivekananda "You must be happy, now that I'm donating to charity, you must be feeling grateful."
To which Swamiji replied "It is you who must be grateful." implying I have brought you to right path, a path of Love, charity and sharing.
2. Be a Lion not a dog [story]
3. Obedience to Guru: story of Lord Ganesha [story]
4. Forgive Others: story of Lord Ganesha [story]
6. Story of Hastamalaka [story]
8. God appears as half Shiva and half Vishnu [story]
9. King and a scholar in delusion [story]
10. Four holy men from four different religions [story]
13. Pride of a Radha (disciple) [story]
14. Love of a Radha (disciple) for Krishna (guru) [story]
15. A man found god through his love for his wife [story]