God, Spirituality & Religion
Uniting EAST & WEST spiritually..!!
God appears as half Shiva and half Vishnu
He had become a beautiful man, except that he wished to see Lord in Vishnu's form. Now that the devotee is ripe, Lord thought of visiting him.
One day, after his regular morning worship, he prayed to God, 'O Hari, why don't you bless me with the sight of your blessed feet. My heart's aching without you, won't you bless your child with your vision?'
Lo! the statue of Lord Vishnu began to take life in front of him. The radiant light of the Lord filled the whole room. The intensity of the light gradually decreased and now he saw the blessed Lord standing in front of him.
The Lord was standing as half Shiva and half Vishnu, The devotee was very happy to see the Lord finally, but he was little puzzled by the Lord's mischief.
The stubborn devotee suddenly realized something; he took a piece of cotton and closed Shiva's Nostril.
Moral of the story: sometimes even an advanced spiritual seeker is stubborn, one should try to change for good, when God presents a chance.
FYI: The main deity of Shankaranarayanar Temple in the Tirunelveli District of Tamil Nadu is half Vishnu and half Shiva. It is said that people actually did such things at that temple when Shiva-Vaishnava conflict was at its peak.
1. Story of King Janaka: I am God [story]
2. A story about Brahma Vishnu and Shiva [story]
3. Each and Every creation of God has a Reason [story]
4. Story of three mangoes: 2 real one imaginary [story]
5. man woman Joke (Paramahansa Yogananda) [joke]
7. Sadhguru Jaggi vasudev 'bullshit' joke [joke]
8. Guru & Disciple cross the river [story]
10. I'm asking the Lord to give me a good sermon [joke]
11. A Weekly Reminder [joke]
12. Jesus, Moses and an old man go golfing [joke]
13. God, how long is a million years to you [joke]
14. young monks at a temple [joke]
15. Does God Exist? a story of Buddha [story]