God, Spirituality & Religion
Uniting EAST & WEST spiritually..!!
Akrura a great devotee of Lord Krishna
When he reached the Brindavan, he saw Krishna's footsteps on the sand. He was so overcome with devotion he rolled himself on the great one's foot marks. Such was his love for the greatness of Krishna. Indeed he was a spiritually ascended one to recognize the higher state of Lord Krishna.
He was very joyous to accompany both Krishna and Balarama on their way to Mathura. On the way Akrura stopped the chariot and cautioned them to be careful as he went to the Yamuna river for worshipping. When he dipped his head in the water he saw forms of Krishna and Balarama inside the water.
It was bewildering; he looked back to the chariot and saw both of them sitting there. Imagining that he was only hallucinating he dipped back into the water. This time he saw Lord Krishna in his divine form, Akrura felt he was blessed by the Lord to have a vision of his grand form.
Categories:Lord Sri Krishna:Stories,
1. Four holy men from four different religions [story]
2. The four wives of a dying husband [story]
3. Vyasa feeds Krishna the offerings of Gopis [story]
4. Sant Jnaneshwar visits Namdev [story]
8. Pride of a Radha (disciple) [story]
10. A man found god through his love for his wife [story]
11. Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa saves a scorpion [story]
12. Story of Lord Rama meeting Shabari [story]
13. Does God Exist? a story of Buddha [story]
14. Two Frogs in Trouble [story]
15. Names of Lord Sri Krishna and their meanings [topic]