God, Spirituality & Religion
Uniting EAST & WEST spiritually..!!
A war between Kshatriyas and Brahmins
Surprisingly Kshatriyas were winning most of the battles. Againa and again they defeated Brahmins (virtues). Finally Brahmins asked Kshatriyas how it was possible for them to defeat Brahmins despite them being more in number.
For that Kshatriyas said "We have appointed an intelligent and brave warrior as our commander, we act according to his directions. Thus we all act as one. But you are all divided, each of you acted according to your own wishes."
Brahmins (virtues, soul qualities) appointed a brave and intelligent warrior as their leader, they fought with the Kshatriyas (passions, tendencies) again, very well organized this time, and won the war by uniting every solider under the leadership of an able and right leader
Moral of the story: Passions will keep winning, until all virtues team up under wisdom and courage.
This story is taken from the Udyoga Parva of Mahabharata, thought it would be interesting to see it as an analogy to the battle within every spiritual seeker.
1. Story of Vibhishana: Always Pick Dharma [story]
3. Pride of a Radha (disciple) [story]
6. Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa saves a scorpion [story]
9. Guru & Disciple cross the river [story]
10. Story of Lord Rama meeting Shabari [story]
11. Is the world a lie? [story]
12. Who is a Brahmin? What is Upanishad? [story]
13. Beyond atheism and theism [story]
14. Does God Exist? a story of Buddha [story]
15. Two Frogs in Trouble [story]