God, Spirituality & Religion
Uniting EAST & WEST spiritually..!!
Throwing Coins into a River - Importance of religious practices
As said Copper is a vital metal very useful to the human body and used to attracting dirt as it is mentioned in Ayurveda that it purifies water. Water was Stored in Copper pots which Kills Contaminating Diarrhoeagenic Bacteria and, thus in temples also priests use copper vessels to give thirtha/holy water.
Throwing coins in the river was one way our fore-fathers ensured we intake sufficient copper as part of the water as rivers were the only source of drinking water. So if coins remain in rivers for a longer time then it is beneficial for those who drink it. Making it as a custom ensured that all of us follow the practice but presently it is considered as luck.
4. Importance of religious practices [practice]
6. Always keep your discrimination alive [quote]
9. To those thus ever attached to Me [quote]
10. Mahabharata Family Tree Chart [topic]
14. You will find that everything will betray you [quote]
15. Falter no more.... Follow the truth that God [quote]