God, Spirituality & Religion
Uniting EAST & WEST spiritually..!!
Martin Luther's morning prayer
(The following lines are taken as they are in Martin Luther's book The Small Catechism, Note that the prayer is highlighted. )
In the morning, when you rise, you shall bless yourself with the holy cross and say:
In the name of God the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen.
Then, kneeling or standing, repeat the Creed and the Lord's Prayer. If you choose, you may, in addition, say this little prayer:
I thank Thee, my Heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Thy dear Son, that Thou hast kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray Thee to keep me this day also from sin and all evil, that all my doings and life may please Thee. For into Thy hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Thy holy angel be with me, that the Wicked Foe may have no power over me. Amen.
Then go to your work with joy, singing a hymn, as the Ten Commandments, or what your devotion may suggest.
1. Self-control is the way to real Happiness [quote]
4. Truth is exact correspondence with reality [quote]
6. You have nothing if you have not God [quote]
8. The first experiment is silence [quote]
10. Martin Luther's evening prayer [prayer]
11. Om Sahana vavatu shanti mantra Lyrics and meaning [mantra]
12. Namokar Maha mantra lyrics and meaning [mantra]
13. Asatoma Sadgamaya: lyrics and meaning [prayer]
14. Lord's Prayer: Our father in heaven [prayer]
15. Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi [prayer]