God, Spirituality & Religion
Uniting EAST & WEST spiritually..!!
Asatoma Sadgamaya: lyrics and meaning
Asatoma Sadgamaya is a Shanti Mantra (Mantra of peace), it is taken from Brihadaranyaka Upanishads (1.3.28). It is used as a prayer in Indian schools, during spiritual/ religious gatherings , social events and other times; it is believed that the recitation of these verses bring peace.
In recent times this peace mantra has been used in the 'Navras' soundtrack from the movie 'The Matrix Revolutions'
Words and their meanings
2. Karaagre Vasate Lakshmi prayer:Lyrics & meaning [prayer]
4. The Ten Principal Upanishads [topic]
5. panchabrahma mantras [mantra]
6. Aditya Hridayam Stotram [stotra]
7. Nirvana shatakam (Atma Shatkam) [mantra]
8. Om purnamadah purnamidam shanti mantra [mantra]
9. Om Bhadram Karnebhih Shrinuyama Devah [mantra]
10. Be calmly active and actively calm [quote]
11. Om sarve bhavantu sukhinah (universal prayer) [mantra]
12. Om Sarvesham Svastir Bhavatu (universal prayer) [mantra]
13. Om Sahana vavatu shanti mantra Lyrics and meaning [mantra]
14. Namokar Maha mantra lyrics and meaning [mantra]
15. Gayatri mantra lyrics and meaning [mantra]