God, Spirituality & Religion
Uniting EAST & WEST spiritually..!!
Gautama Buddha on impermanence
'All conditioned things are impermanent' - when one sees this with wisdom, one turns away from suffering. This is the Path to Purity.
Shakyamuni is pointing at the impermanence and non-reality of Ideas supported by mind. Taken from DhammaPada Verse 277.
Description: We form ideas of happiness and unhappiness, pain and pleasure and then the mind gets conditioned to it from repeated affirmation of the ideas though they may be unreal, and gets attached to it. When one enquires into the mind regarding its conditioning and impermanence of joy/ sorrow drawn from it with clear conscience, One will be freed from the attachment to conditioning and thus the root of suffering. This is the way out of samsaara and into freedom.
1. Who is a Brahmana? Buddha from Dhammapada [topic]
3. Buddhism interesting facts [topic]
11. It is a good idea to keep a mental diary [quote]
14. Does God Exist? a story of Buddha [story]
15. Dalai Lama on meditation [quote]