God, Spirituality & Religion
Uniting EAST & WEST spiritually..!!
Hinduism & Science: Incarnations of Vishnu as representation of Evolution
There are many stories, instances in Hinduism which form a near perfect parallel with many scientific concepts of today. It should be clear that Hindu texts don't try to teach science, in between the philosophy, story such parallels appear. If there are parallels even without us bending the story/concept too much to fit narration, its worth examining.
Madam Blavatsky of Theosophical Society made an observation (also A.L. Basham, famous historian) on the Avatars of Vishnu and their uncanny parallels in the Evolution theory.
According to science Life on earth first started in water, then moved out to land, smaller life forms became complex, developed higher organs.
10 Avatars of Vishnu are each separate from each other, but when viewed in continuity, there is a clear parallel with the evolution process.
Note: This is not to prove anything, just an observation worth noting. Perhaps the sages of past wanted us to be open and created stories so that we could learn to appreciate life and be open to new ideas, rather than shutting them. Did the sages of past know about Evolution? We don't know, we don't make that argument either, it is just that the parallel is noteworthy.
Categories:Hinduism And Science:Topics,
7. Addendum to Evolution: Origins of the World [topic]
8. Bhagavad-Gita Treatise of Self-help [topic]
9. Sundara Kanda Hanuman's Odysey [topic]
10. Mundane distortions in the Divine discourse [topic]
11. Promises of Shirdi Sai Baba to his Devotees [topic]
12. The five pandavas and the story of their birth [topic]
13. Mahabharata Family Tree Chart [topic]
14. Markata Kishora Nyaya, Maarjaala Kishora Nyaya [topic]
15. Lord Ganesha symbolism [topic]