God, Spirituality & Religion
Uniting EAST & WEST spiritually..!!
Dwa Suparna Sayuja Sakhaya: Parable of two birds (Jiva+Atman)
A parable of two birds dwelling on the same tree (body), one represents the mind-aggregate, the other the Consciousness (supreme Brahman). Mind hops around looking for pleasures in the world, while joyed at encounter with pleasures and disappointed with the pains.
The mind hops around without stability ultimately resulting in sorrow. Only if the Mind stills and looks at the Atman, all its sorrows will be gone forever.
The other bird is the Supreme Brahman itself.
5. The Ten Principal Upanishads [topic]
6. Paramahansa Yogananda Quotes [topic]
9. Addendum to Evolution: Origins of the World [topic]
10. Bhagavad-Gita Treatise of Self-help [topic]
11. Sundara Kanda Hanuman's Odysey [topic]
12. Mundane distortions in the Divine discourse [topic]
13. List of direct disciples of Shirdi Sai Baba [topic]
14. The five pandavas and the story of their birth [topic]
15. Mahabharata Family Tree Chart [topic]