God, Spirituality & Religion
Uniting EAST & WEST spiritually..!!
Elwood is a pleasant gentleman and everybody likes him, but the family is ashamed of him.
Quotes from the movie
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.
Harvey and I sit in the bars... have a drink or two... play the juke box. And soon the faces of all the other people they turn toward mine and they smile. And they're saying, "We don't know your name, mister, but you're a very nice fella." Harvey and I warm ourselves in all these golden moments. We've entered as strangers - soon we have friends. And they come over... and they sit with us... and they drink with us... and they talk to us. They tell about the big terrible things they've done and the big wonderful things they'll do. Their hopes, and their regrets, and their loves, and their hates. All very large, because nobody ever brings anything small into a bar. And then I introduce them to Harvey... and he's bigger and grander than anything they offer me. And when they leave, they leave impressed. The same people seldom come back; but that's envy, my dear. There's a little bit of envy in the best of us.
2. The Bishop's Wife (1947) [movie]
4. Self-control is the way to real Happiness [quote]
7. Truth is exact correspondence with reality [quote]
9. To forgive and to forget [quote]
10. Paramahansa Yogananda on man-woman love [quote]
11. man woman Joke (Paramahansa Yogananda) [joke]
12. Luke 14:11 from Bible [quote]
13. The Mighty Macs (2009): movie review [movie]
14. No! it's that woman's punishment [joke]