God, Spirituality & Religion
Uniting EAST & WEST spiritually..!!
What is the name of hindu place of worship?
Short Answer: Temple is the place where a Hindu usually worships, It is called Mandiram/ Mandira in Sanskrit.
Some rituals require that Hindus worship god in nature, For example farmers worship the land, trees and the crops on certain occasions. Tulsi plant is worshiped daily by some people.
In the Morning and Evening when sun is in the Horizon some people do rituals (usually standing in water) as a part of worship of god/ spiritual advancement.
India has many languages, Different languages use different words for temple. Mandiram, Devasthan, Devalay are used in most languages, or their variations.
Temple in Indian languages
1. What if there is no God? What if Spirituality is sham? [question]
4. Who should read Bhagavad Gita? Who is it for? [question]
5. What is the Purpose of Life? [question]
6. Is Hinduism Polytheistic? [question]
7. Does Hinduism Condemn Atheism & Atheists? [question]
9. Which one is conducive to Liberation? Work or knowledge [question]
10. Shirdi Sai Baba Name meaning and Origin [topic]
11. Who was Lord Sri Krishna's Guru? [question]
12. The scientific reason behind bells in Hindu temples [ritual]
14. What are the ashta (8) Siddhis and nava (9) nidhis [question]
15. Why do monks fail? are they all fake? [question]